Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Spencer's: I think this is an interesting aspect of design. We talk about apple almost everyday in our class. It is hard not to though when it comes to talking about good design. Apple has made a great simple product that is easy to use. Since the Leopard boasts new features, but remains an easy to use apple product. I might check out the Leopard's specks to see if I would purchase it.

Chris': I have the same feelings when it comes toward shopping. I am drawn in my savy design or cool features, but I usually never think about the layout and simplicity of the product. That is why I sometimes have trouble using new gadgets that I buy. If I were to look at the simplicty of the object rather than the cool layout, I would be able to use the products to their fullest extent.

Alex's: Ergonomics are a very important aspect of design. As I stated above, I sometimes do have problem overlooking simplicity for a good look. If I like the look of something, that product is going to stick in my mind. If something feels right in your hand, or is very aesthetically pleasing. While both are essential to design, I find myself struggling to to meet at a middle point. It's hard to picture a perfect product, that looks great but works incredibly well. Enter Apple. The Ipod is our standout product in this category of greatness. The perfect fit, yet the simplest to use. The Ipod is not confusing. The Ipod is not awkward.

No comments: