Monday, October 8, 2007

Recently my dad decided that we needed to redo a bathroom in our house. He wanted to make everything look good including the new shower. This is the product that gave me problems. I think it has poor design for several reasons. Usually there is a place where you could operate the drain if you wanted to take a bath or a shower. This shower does not have one. Instead there is a huge nut that is rotated on the bottom of the shower depending on what you want. This is inconvenient because it is hard to put it on the right setting especially if you have already started running the water. Also it is a hazard that you might trip over a few times. Another thing is the handle that turns the shower on and also adjusts the temperature of the water. Now the designer went for simplicity since there is only one handle, but it is confusing on which way to turn for which desired result. If you turn it clockwise or counterclockwise you get the water turned on. It is hard though to find the right temperature when there are two possible options for turning the handle. The last thing is what gave me the most trouble. Usually in a shower there is some where to turn on the shower head that is obviously visible. This shower is an exception to that. I could not find that switch the first time I used it and I had to go ask my dad. He told me to start the shower you need to pull down on on a little switch that is underneath where the water comes out if I was taking a bath. This is probably the last place I would've checked because it doesn't make sense to me that the designer would hide the switch like that.

No comments: