Thursday, November 15, 2007

1. Packaging protects the product. Without proper packaging a product could easily be damaged. If a snowglobe wasn't packaged the proper way it could easily break. There are many products that could break if they weren't packaged the right way. Another thing is that it protects the product from being stolen. This is important for obvious reasons, a company doesn't want their product getting stolen. If a DVD wasn't packaged the way it is, I could easily walk into a store, take it out of the package, and then walk out. Another thing that a package does, is give information about the product inside. If I am browsing for a product, I will check out the box and hopefully gain some information about this product. If I can gain some information about the product, I will be able to make a better decision when buying a product. If I am looking for a new camera, I will check out the specifics of each camera which I can find on the box.

2. These articles talk about how packaging is shifting to make the package more enviornmentally friendly. They can make more efficient ways of packaging the product. If there is a better way to package the product, then a company should do that. I'm talking about using less materials to package a product. Use less energy to package a product. Keep the package simple. They can use better things to package the product. Instead of using plastic, they could use something else. The government could make it mandatory to recycle plastics, and other things. There could be heavier fines for littering. They could tax every plastic thing you throw away. They could charge the companies more for using plastic as their package.

No comments: