Thursday, November 15, 2007

1. Packgaing is very important to marketing. Packaging is the first thing the person sees when shopping. The package draws the customer to th product. If the package catches the customer's eye then they are likely to at least check it out, if not buy the product. If a product has a unique package, then it is more likely to stay in the customer's mind. My whey protein is a product where I was influenced by the package. I walked into GNC looking to buy some proteing. Immediately Whey caught my eye because it is bright red. When I walked closer to check it out, I read the facts on the product. They highlighted facts that only Whey offered whcih also influenced my decision. If it had not caught my eye I probably would have continued browsing.

2. Cigarettes- Camel, Marlboro Liquor- Grey Goose, Smirinoff Candy- Hershey's, Snickers Apple- Macbook Jif- Peanut Butter

3. I find a hard time getting the products out of some packages. Especially the ones that are very hard plastic that totally seal in the product. These packages are impossible to open without scissors. They shouldn't be this hard to open. However, I am still going to buy a product that I know is good even if the package is hard to open.

No comments: